Recently

December 17, 2014

Harper's Preschool Program

Right now I should be:

A) studying for my new product training test for work
B) finishing my Christmas shopping
C) putting away the laundry that has sat on my living room ottoman for a week
D) all of the above

Despite the fact that the correct answer is in fact "D," here I am, posting about Harper's Christmas Program at her preschool. Because I'm her mama. And I'm proud of her. And that's what proud mamas do.



Last night we had a chance to go to Samantha and Sydney's Christmas program at church, and Harper told us that she was excited we were coming to her program. She said, "I'm going to sing the loudest of everybody. And your mind is gonna be blown."  Bahahahaha. At least she gave us fair warning this time. The last two programs our mind has just been blown unexpectedly. Cheering for us from the stage, lifting her dress... All kinds of mind-blowing, so this time I had been hopeful it would only be from the loud singing.

 

waving to her adoring fans





Harper was also super excited when I told her that MiMi and Poppy were coming to her program.  She said, "I love it when my family that's not my family comes!"  I think that was her way of describing extended family.  :)  Sue is keeping Alston for Corrie and Jeremy during the day, but made arrangements for Grandmother to watch him so that she and Dave could sneak over to Harper's program.  I know it meant so much to Hootie Girl.  And though Kasey was technically off for the morning since Sam took the morning of her program off, but she was so sweet and still wanted to come support Harper.  Or maybe she just didn't want to miss the hilarity of Harper on stage.








Apparently the fourth time is a charm because Harper did blow our minds.  She did such a great job in her fourth program at Cave Spring Baptist Preschool.  She followed directions, sang loudly, and kept her dress down the entire time.  She waved at us all so proudly, and I hope she could feel all the pride bursting out of me, welling up in my eyes.  Sweet Harper Mae is so much of the joy in my world.  She always has been, always will be.

 


  

No comments

Post a Comment


UP