Recently

February 7, 2015

Hello, again!

 Remember that post talking about how I didn't care about my weight and our life is going to be more laid back this year?  Well... Scratch that. If you can't tell by the fact that I haven't written a thing in a month, the whirlwind busyness of 2015 has not disappointed. I have had two work meetings, one of which was a weeklong nonstop national meeting  in Orlando.  I'm thankful those only happen every few years (my last one was when I was 14 weeks pregnant with Wills), because it is sheer madness, especially since this is the first with two kiddos.  Shout out to the Village that helps me raise these girlies. Rachel and Kasey were wonderful to jump in and be "Allison" for the week. I bet they were even better at it than I am!  Especially considering that over the last two weeks, I've sent Harper to preschool when there was none, followed by sending her with the wrong letter of the alphabet for show and tell. How dare they keep moving in order even when I'm away!  Keeping that theme going, I sent her to school today forgetting that it was class picture day. He shows up in the little things of our life-- like when that happens on a day she actually matched and brushed her hair well. Shew.

On the other side of things, Sam and I are back in the gym this February because we have a newfound motivation. We booked an early anny-moon cruise to Greece, Croatia, and Turkey in June!  Airfare to Venice is ridiculous so we haven't booked that yet. We may actually just have to swim there, but we thought this year would make a perfect time for a "big" trip since its been a few years since we've done one. Harper will start school in the fall, so that will limit her ability to stay elsewhere while we are gone, and there's always the lingering idea that maybe someday we will have a third child... And nobody wants to watch your three kids while you're galavanting around Europe. We get it-- your grandparents, not saints. :). So, when NCL offered some really reasonable deals for the trip we have had our eye on, we went ahead and pulled the trigger. Harper had seen me looking at cruises, and later asked when she gets to go on the big boat. Sam said he didn't think she would get to go for a little while, and Harper responds ""Mommy would never go on a big boat without me. ". Oops!! We had to try not to laugh out loud since I booked our adults only trip the night before. Maybe next year she and Willa Kate can join us.

Here's a few posts from our January...they're a blur, just like the month was.

No comments

Post a Comment


UP