Recently

June 18, 2016

Daddy Daughter Royal Ball

Are you ready to see the sweetest thing you've ever seen?  (I wonder how many posts I've started that way.  But really.  This is the sweetest.)  Well, here you have it, my sweet little ladies loving all over their Dad.  We all love him big time. 


A few months ago, I saw Growing Up in the Valley advertising for a Daddy Daughter Royal Ball on the Friday before Father's Day.  These girls adore their dad (and as much as his friends tease him about needing a boy, Sam is a total girl dad), so I knew they would all enjoy a special evening out together.  When I told Harper and Willa Kate about the event, Harper went over the moon thinking she was going to get to "marry her Daddy."  Seriously.  I told you this was the sweetest post ever!

Well, you can't go to a "wedding" without a "wedding dress" so Harper had me on the lookout for a big, white wedding dress for her.  I ended up finding these sweet flower girl dresses from Burlington Coat Factory, and they were only $11 each!  They were on clearance, so they were each a little big, but I figured Harper would appreciate the extra length, since she's obsessed with ultra long maxi dresses.  I had one other dress for each girl (purple for Harper, yellow for Willa), but there was no selling them on anything but their "wedding dresses."

 




 

This week has been so, so crazy.  We didn't get back from Virginia Beach until Monday night, I worked Tuesday, and then early Wednesday morning, I left for Raleigh for work meetings that weren't set to finish up until 2:00 on Friday.  Well, my meetings ended up going over, and I literally pulled in the driveway as this beautiful trio was walking out to load up.  I would start tearing up on the ride home, thinking I was going to miss seeing them.  I am so, so grateful I made it, and super thankful for Kasey on days like today.  She watched the girls while Sam worked, and made it a fun day for them by giving them manicures and  pedicures and sweet little hairstyles. 

While Sam took the girls into the Royal Ball, I went across the street and enjoyed a quiet dinner in the Market by myself.   After such a full, nonstop week, it felt so good to just relax a bit.  The girls enjoyed their pictures and dancing with their dad, but after a few hours, they walked across the street to join me for some food. 





With all the fun we like to have and all the places we try to go, I often think these girls don't know how lucky they are.  But, really, the best gift I could ever give these children of mine was Sam as their dad.  Lucky him.  Lucky them.  Lucky us. 



No comments

Post a Comment


UP