Recently

June 19, 2018

Bike Ride with my Big Girl

Dex starts physical therapy this week through Early Intervention, so I decided it’s time for me to start exercising again beyond my physical therapy exercises. I’ve been really discouraged the last few weeks on just how weak I really am after three months of bedrest and another two sitting in a chair in the NICU. My physical therapist in the hospital was clear that there would be a significant toll on my physical strength. When she came by to visit one day and I was in the shower, the PT warned my mom that I would only be able to care for my basic needs (shower and dress myself) for the first 4-6 weeks. No laundry, no cooking, no bathing babies, no stairs, no lifting. I’m not sure she took into account that I’d have a baby in the hospital, and there’s no drive like that of a mama bear. Ten days after my c section, I drove myself to Roanoke Memorial, parked in the garage, and walked the 800 steps to the NICU. I think we were all a little surprised at how quickly I was able to do.




But, the rest of it has been slower.  Probably because it hasn't been my focus, but I'm ready to start working on that.  And you know who my faaaaavorite personal trainer is?  Miss Harper Mae Titta.  My fitbit-wearing, salad-eating sidekick is always happy to plank it out beside mom or challenge me to a burpee contest (spoiler: she's winning these days.)  So, she happily took me up on the bike ride offer, though after mile 7, she was ready for some ice cream.   :)

No comments

Post a Comment


UP