Recently

July 22, 2014

Just A Blog

Maybe it is because I have been doing so much summer reading (which makes me want to write).  Maybe it is because I've realized how horrible I am at actually scrapbooking since becoming a mom (e.g. I may or may not have two partially completed baby books sitting in my girls' rooms).  Maybe it is because I feel a bit lame for using Facebook as my primary means of cataloging our pictures and little memorable tidbits (my entire friends list just said "amen.").  Maybe it is because our little ladies are at such fun ages and are doing new things each day, and I so desperately wish that I could capture them right there in that second and remember it forever.  (So, just for the record, if I ever do manage to create a way for your mind to take a snapshot of exactly what is sees and hears-or better yet feels- in that instant, this blog is done-zo.)

Maybe it is a culmination of all these things.  Whatever the reason, I have decided to finally start documenting our little family adventures in this blog I opened a few years ago under the name "Fertitta, Party of Three" (Action Item #1: Figure out how to change a blog name to reflect the addition of your 16-month-old!).  I have put off posting here for this long because I have thought "our pictures, crafts, house, lives, etc. aren't blogworthy; they're not Pinterest worthy," but the more that I have made the little mental note of "that was precious, write it down" and consequently forgotten to do so, the more I have pushed myself to come up with a way to capture these ordinary and routine yet memory-laden days. 

Our lives may not be worth others' time to read, but they are certainly worth remembering.  And if nothing else, I want my girls to have something to look back at and be able to see just how cherished they have always been.  Even if it is just a blog.  

No comments

Post a Comment


UP