Recently

May 6, 2015

Harper Mae {5 Years Old}

Happiest 5th Birthday to my greatest adventure, my best laugher, my most curious explorer, Harper Mae! You make my heart sing.




And despite how many times you've said "When I get 5, I'm going to be the boss" over the last 364 days, I'm sorry again for the sad realization you'll have tomorrow when it's just not true. :)  But, for today, enjoy your Queen Bee status, your ice cream picnic with mommy at 7 a.m., the outpouring of sweet wishes. And know we will love you every single day for forever and treasure you always.


You are one super celebrated little girl!  This may end up being the Twelve Days of Birthday between our celebrations today, the fun things heading your way in the mail from your out-of-town family, and your long awaited pool party that will be next Friday.



MarMar and PapPap kicked off your birthday with a fun video they sent your way last night on your birthday eve.

 

You were trying so hard to wrap your head around how that balloon could make its way from Alabama to Virginia.  You've just decided it goes up to God and then He gives it back to you.  One would've thought it was Christmas with how excited you were to wake up on your birthday morning to see if your balloon had arrived.  You almost foiled Mama's plan to surprise you with a birthday breakfast picnic.  Now that we are having longer days (more light, more playing), you've been staying up later and sleeping in longer (like 8:30 or later), but not today!  So you nearly caught mama in the act when I was out decorating our porch with balloons and banners at 6:45 a.m.









Sharing with sister now that she's awake



You were so cute demanding "who did this?!  How did you do this, Mom?!"  And then seeing your balloon from Alabama, "I knew it could make it!  It's here for my birthday!  Wait.  Did you put that here, Mom??"  You're a smart one, little lady, but I never let on.  :)  

Hmmmm... I don't know how those balloons got here

Harper Mae, you are the sweet birthday queen, so you got chocolate milk and ice cream with blueberries for breakfast.  You only turn five once!  I love you more than words could possibly say, and I'm eternally grateful for these memories with you.




I really wanted to make your evening fun for you, so when I got home from work, I asked if you wanted to go to the pool, which just opened this week. You were so excited!  You picked Chick-fil-A for dinner so we went through the drive through to grab a picnic dinner for the pool. And we hurried over, and you showed off your new bathing suit by the pool...


And then it thundered. Literally. You hadn't even stepped foot in the pool, and it thundered. So no pool. No big deal, we will head to the indoor pool. Nope, when it thunders or lightnings, it shuts down, too. Poor thing. I called Dad to see if he could pick you up and take you to his softball game, since you love being at the field, too. He said sure, and came on by. You guys drove about ten minutes before a torrential downpour started. No game. I felt so bad!


Even though our evening didn't go quite as planned, know that we can't wait to celebrate your big 5th birthday at your Mermaid Pool Party!

No comments

Post a Comment


UP