Recently

March 2, 2016

Presidential Primary




Oh, America.  Sometimes I really wonder if it's 2016.  Surely this isn't the best we could do.

It's "Super Tuesday" which means that Virginia along with several other states vote in the presidential primary election.  After work, I took the girls over to Harper's school (it's our polling location) to vote.  There was only one other person in line (seriously?  At 6 p.m.?), so we moved quickly to the voting booth. 

I was torn between two candidates, so I did the really scientific thing. I let Harper help me choose.  So, we chose our candidate (for posterity's sake, it was NOT Donald Trump), and started walking to the car. 

Harper: "Mom, who were we just voting for?"

Me:  "The President of the United States."

Harper:  "Abraham Lincoln?"

Me: "Hahaha.  No, honey, he was a great president, but served our country a long time ago.  He's dead now."

Harper:  "Oh.  Ok."

{Long Pause}

Harper:  "So, it was George Washington."

I laughed out loud.  That girl (A) has an amazing memory, and (B) is about as literal as they come.  When her class learned about Presidents' Day a few weeks back, they talked about those two, so now, those must be the president. 

I'm glad I had her to laugh at after seeing the Virginia primary results.    :)




No comments

Post a Comment


UP