Recently

February 29, 2016

Harper for Heart Health


Harper came home from school last week super pumped to tell me about how you need a heart to have a healthy body.  Yes, yes you do, Harper.  She also let me know that not everyone has a healthy heart and so her school is raising money to help (the American Heart Association).  Since I still find myself wearing red the first Friday in February (the AHA's Go Red Day) after having a statin and antihypertensive as my first two pharmaceutical products, I was happy to help her raise a little money for this great cause.  On the condition that I didn't have to do the soliciting.  :)  Mama went to private school for high school and had to do her share of begging fundraising.  Your turn now, darling.  So, we set up her webpage through the AHA and recorded her video asking for friends and family to join her efforts.



She set the goal of raising $100 (that's still fresh in her mind with the 100 days of school), but she was so proud to end up with $150 thanks to some super sweet (and generous) family members!  She even contributed five of her own dollars to "help people have healthy bodies."  Thanks Aunt Leah, Papaw, MarMar and PapPap for helping her meet her goal.  (You'll be thrilled to know all that money earned her several of these little dog lanyards!  haha)



No comments

Post a Comment


UP