Recently

May 22, 2018

Willa’s Preschool Program

If you’ve been within a hundred yards of Willa Kate over the last month, you’ve been invited to her preschool program. That girl has been recruiting hard for an audience, and now we can see why!  She even lobbied so well that I even let Harper skip school to support her sister.  That girl is gonna be a heck of a salesperson.  













This year finishes our sixth year at Cave Spring Baptist Preschool. Bless them. Six years of Fertittas. I congratulated them on a two year break before our little guy pops on to the preschool scene. 

This year has been my least involved, most forgetful year (when was I supposed to make Play Doh?  Can I make it in the hospital sink?), but we were met with nothing but grace. Mrs. Caldwell loved our Willa and our family so well. She hugged me tightly at the Christmas program, where I sat in tears after a scare that morning with Brother, sure we’d be losing him soon. In the same fellowship hall, we both hugged again remembering that day four months before, wishing I could go back and tell that devastated mama that she would be at the spring program, holding the hand of her oldest while smiling at her five-year-old and pushing around a stroller with everything but a crib for her precious, perfect boy. God is so good. 










I don’t have pretty pictures from the day.  I think some parents may have camped out the night before to save all the seats for their 47 extended family members coming so space was limited, and I wanted to hide Dex a bit to keep him out of the crowd. So my iPhone pics from 50 yards away may not be the best. Sorry, Wills. But, I promise, we are just as proud!  Kasey and Mimi rounded out the WKF Fan Club, and she was so glad to have them there.





 After the program, we didn’t do the picnic at the church pavilion afterward (5 person family + 3 hours sleep= 0 desire to pack a picnic lunch). Instead, we went over the Macados for a celebratory graduation lunch. While we were eating, I bragged to her about what Mrs. Caldwell share with me about her. She’s the class leader— the first to try something new, the first to follow directions. She’s obedient and is kind to her classmates. Even though I wondered where that girl goes at home 😆, I told her how proud I am of her working hard and being kind. Work hard and be nice to people. That about sums it up!

No comments

Post a Comment


UP