Recently

January 13, 2015

Welcome 2015!

Helloooooo, 2015!

Man, that sounds weird.  It just doesn't seem possible that it's 2015.  The year my firstborn will start kindergarten.  The year we'll celebrate 9 years of marriage.  The year we'll be driving flying spaceships on 581.  Ha! That would've been my answer if you would've asked me what would be happening in 2015 back in 1990.  I can't believe we're not all Jetsons yet.

Usually I have some pretty ambitious resolutions on the ol' docket on January 1, but this year I don't.  And maybe that is a signal of an even bigger, deeper resolution that I have for the year.  Last year, I wanted to lose the last of my baby weight from Willa (update: I did!  I lost 12 lbs between January and May.  And then I gained it all back.  Whoops!  I'm sure the need for this resolution will resurface about 4 weeks before our beach trips).  I wanted to run a 10k (update: I did!  In May, I ran in the Appalachian Power 10k and  it was as horrible wonderful as I had hoped!  I mostly ran on a treadmill, but I just got an update from MapMyRun--the app that tracks my outdoor runs-- that I ran 129 miles this year). 



 2014 was a good year.  2015 has the makings of being a big year.  For my work.  For our family (nope, not pregnant--you can breathe, grandparents!).  It also has the makings of a stressful year.  And I don't want that.  Not for me, not for my family.  So maybe that's my non-resolution resolution.  To relax a bit this year.  To not be so hard on myself.  To just be happy and in the moment.

We enjoyed ringing in the New Year with our friends at Shula's, and spent New Year's Day lounging with our girls.  



What better way to declare "Let's be fat and happy!" than kicking it off with a family morning at IHOP?  Yummy!  The family time and the bacon.







I hope 2015 brings me Peace.  And even more joy.  I hope it does you, too.

No comments

Post a Comment


UP